Applications are invited for this post:
Overall Aim: To establish a Bantry Dementia Alliance and develop a 5 year strategic plan to make Bantry a Dementia Inclusive Community, in partnership with key stakeholders.
- The post is a one year fixed term contract for 7 hours per week
- The position will be line managed by Local Link and working with and reporting to the Dementia Subgroup of Bantry Age Friendly and the Community Worker Cork Kerry Community Healthcare.
- The candidate will be appointed Pro Rata on the Community Health Worker Salary scale (aligned to HSE Social Care Worker with qualification).
The ideal candidate should have: –
- A relevant 3rd level qualification minimum Level 7 in Community Work, Community Health, Community Development, or related field with 2 years post qualification experience.
- Experience and knowledge of conducting research and developing strategies or plans.
- Experience of community consultation & engagement
- Knowledge and experience of the issues and challenges facing people living with dementia and their carer’s and ways to support them
- A good capacity to develop and maintain relationships with a range of stakeholders including people living with dementia, their carer’s, health care providers, business groups, community and voluntary organisations, statutory agencies, sporting organisations and others.
Good oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills along with experience of facilitating groups.
For more information contact:
Please submit a cover letter including CV to
Local Link Cork, 12 Barrack Street, Bantry Co Cork
Closing date and time for receipt of applications is Wednesday 28th June at 5pm.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 6th July.
Local Link Cork is an equal opportunities employer.
This position is funded by the HSE and subject to Garda Vetting