Applications are invited for this post:
Carers and Older Persons Development worker will include but not limited to:
- To work closely with the Co-ordinator and the voluntary management committee to implement an agreed work plan for support of Carer’s and Older persons
- To identify the needs of older persons and carers in the local area & develop local initiatives to meet those needs
- To work in partnership with other community and voluntary sector organisations, Cork Kerry Community Healthcare, HSE and other key stakeholders as appropriate to support Carers and Older persons & develop joint initiatives.
- To network & develop and support effective links which advance the health equity, and the engagement of Carer’s and Older Persons in relevant community & social initiatives
- To develop, deliver & support a broad range of community initiatives for both carers and older persons especially those who are socially isolated and disadvantaged, according to local need.
- To implement & further develop relevant initiatives from elsewhere that are relevant and meet local need e.g. Dementia café, Singing for the Brain
- To promote peer support, and engagement of older persons and carers in the development and running of initiatives where appropriate
- To promote and enhance, through these initiatives positive ageing, good nutrition, and mental and physical health
- To advocate for Carers and Older Persons as relevant
- To signpost & refer Carers and Older Persons into relevant services for information and support e.g. Citizens Information, Education and Training Board, Family Carers Ireland.
- To identify funding opportunities to support activities and source other funds relevant to carers and/ or older persons, make applications and liaise with funding agencies
- To document the work with written reports and feedback on activities.
- To attend and participate in supervision on a regular basis
- To evaluate the work as required
- To document and escalate issues related to safeguarding vulnerable adults
- Evening work and occasional weekend work will be required.
*The term carers is used as a broad term to mean those providing care for family/ friends in a non-professional capacity such as for people with a disability and/ or older people